A thriving, historic, market town nine miles from Norwich, Wymondham is home to a diverse business community including engineering, manufacturing and professional services firms. Its railway station offers direct links to London, Cambridge, Norwich and beyond.
The town benefits from:
- Two railway stations, 54 miles (65 minutes by train) to Cambridge and 9.5 miles (15 minutes by train) to Norwich
- Hethel Engineering Centre and Hethel Innovation Ltd located three miles outside of the town centre (see separate slide)
- Lotus HQ, the largest manufacturer in Norfolk, now part of Geely Zheijang – 15th largest car maker in the world (2019)
- Population of around 13,500 – around 10% of the population are employed within Manufacturing
- Part of the Greater Norwich Area, a flourishing town, with 3 major industrial estates, and land allocated to allow for over 2,000 new homes by 2026.