Norwich Research Park
Norwich Research Park
NRP North B1(b) and ancillary and complimentary. NRP South B1(b), C2/ D1 and ancillary and complimentary (B1(b)
Food and health, agrifood, industrial biotech, genomics and medtech
Outline planning approval granted
Set in over 230 hectares of parkland, Norwich Research Park is a thriving business and research community located on the edge of Norwich next to the world-renowned University of East Anglia.
Around 12,000 people and more than 50 businesses are already working on the site. The Park has an exceptional range of offices and research facilities including laboratories, bio-imaging/repository, chemical and environmental analysis, clinical test trails facilities and
Businesses and research organisations at the park include:
- The John Innes Centre, an international centre of excellence in plant science, genetics and microbiology
- The Quadram Institute, working at the forefront of a new interface between food science, gut biology and health
- The Sainsbury Laboratory, a world-leading institution in the field of plant-microbe interactions
- Tropic Biosciences, developing new strains of tropical crops to promote grower wellbeing, enhance consumer health, and improve sustainable environmental practices
- Colorifix, the company behind a revolutionary dyeing process to help the textile industry dramatically reduce its environmental impac
Already home to scientists, researchers and businesses leading the way in health, biotech and agri-food, Norwich Research Park gives developers and businesses the chance to be part of one of Europe’s most important scientific business clusters.
The Research Park includes 25 hectares of Enterprise Zone which benefits from outline planning consent for B1(b), C2 & D1 (research and development, laboratories, high-tech and health care uses) together with ancillary and complementary uses which could include hotel, conference and leisure facilities, childcare nursery, cafés/restaurants and supporting business space.
Design and build opportunities are available within the Research Park’s outline planning permission. Occupiers can take advantage of Enterprise Zone status, which includes business rates discounts of up to £275,000 over a five-year period and fully resilient superfast broadband.