UK Research and Innovation invest in TeraView’s 6G technology
TeraView, the pioneer and leader in terahertz technology and solutions, has won development funding from the Sustainable Innovation Fund with Innovate UK, the United Kingdom’s innovation agency. This funding is specifically targeted at TeraView’s cutting edge technology for next-generation 6G network applications.
TeraView has a vision to use its expertise and intellectual property to develop the building blocks of future 6G networks, which will use terahertz (THz) frequencies. As a knowledge and IP-rich company with decades of experience operating at THz frequencies, TeraView can bring the breadth and depth of its experience to accelerate the development of 6G.
Wireless connectivity is increasingly an important component of society and people’s everyday lives. The exponential growth in demand for high bandwidth applications such as multimedia streaming, the Internet of Things, control of autonomous vehicles and cloud computing has triggered the need for development of new technologies to provide high-bandwidth, reliable links in wireless environments, a key goal of future 6G networks. Uniquely 6G is also targeted to deliver other functions such as accurate positional information and imaging to support applications such a virtual reality.
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £191 million to fund single and collaborative research and development projects as part of the Sustainable Innovation Fund.
Grant funding is vital to many businesses in the region, so if you are an ambitious tech firm in need of financial support to take your business to the next level, then here are some links that might help:
- Tech Corridor Grants & Funding page: regularly updated with the latest funding calls and competitions available to businesses in the Tech Corridor.
- Innovate UK: Keep up to date with the latest Government funding calls by bookmarking this page
- New Anglia Growth Hub: Offers a range of business support services from hundreds of sources. The hub’s service is free and impartial and can help you access grants, finance, start-up support, international trade support and other specialist advice from single point of contact. Norfolk & Suffolk focussed.
- Combined Authority Business Board: Support for Cambridgeshire/Peterborough based businesses: incl details of local economic recovery strategy and Growth Funds.
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority Growth Hub: connecting businesses to the help, support, information and funding that you need to thrive and grow.
- Anglia Capital Group: a group of Angel Investors who invest in start-ups and early growth-stage businesses with innovative and potentially disruptive technology at their core
- Tech Velocity: The first digital accelerator in the East of England. Works with scalable businesses and take them from ideation (through a pre-accelerator programme), to a stage where they’re ready to take on the world (accelerator).
- Invest East: a high-growth small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) business support programme for Norfolk and Suffolk, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. In first instance contact New Anglia Growth Hub and they can direct you to the right person for your needs.